Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Can you DH for an outfielder?

It's been too long since someone has posted something about the Twins, so I thought I would take it upon myself to post something. Here it is: different day, same song. Carlos Gomez and Delmon Young are the worst hitters in the major leagues. Seriously, I'm pretty sure they would strike out if they were "hitting" off a tee. Good god. Not only do they strike out constantly, they do it on 3 pitches that usually aren't even close. I am all for getting up there and taking your hacks, but jesus christ learn to take a pitch once in awhile. I couldn't care less about Gomez's defense. Yeah, it's great he makes some clutch catches, but it wouldn't be such a big deal if he would drive in a few runs to extend a lead. I am not going to comment on Young's defense other than he should be embarrassed that the only praise he has ever gotten was for being too slow to get to a fly ball and playing it well off the wall against the Rays.

Side note: The only reason I am not including that stupid fucking sad sack of shit Nick Punto in the group is because I recently found out he's on the DL. By far the best thing he has ever done for the team. Stay hurt, ya little gremlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment