Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Final Five: We Hardly Remember Ye

Now, many of us are attending WCHA's Final Five this weekend, and I know how excited we can get about it. Some of us have been busily emailing each other all week in preparation and excitement, while others have been doing fuzzy math during our night shift at the liquor store on the how much we'll save on cheese curds alone if we don't go down to the cities until Saturday night. Needless to say, it's occupied a great deal of our time so far. So much so, that I fear some of you have missed out on a very important day. This past Tuesday was a day that deserves observance, and I think we really missed the boat, collectively. It's a day that celebrates a wonderful story. A day that should be honored. I am talking, of course, about...












Wait for it...






Wait for it...







Just a little more...





Almost...























... Patrick Duffy's birthday!

Now, unless you're me, you probably don't go to theonion.com everyday to read the American Voices section. If you are me, you would have noticed that the last three days' American Voices have all been devoted to Patrick Duffy's bday for some reason. At first I didn't understand why, so I did some digging... and figured out he was the dad on Step-by-Step, and most likely banged Suzanne Sommers in her prime. And maybe had a fling with that brunette stepdaughter from the show that was being so relentlessly pursued by everybody's favorite: Cody (or whatever the dumb guys name was). Who knows - he's fucking Patrick Duffy, anything is possible. In addition, he was on a show called Dallas, which I'm told was a big hit at the time. I think it was about rich cowboys from the 70s, judging by pictures on the interwebs.



In any event, I just wanted everyone to take a second to reflect on what Patrick Duffy and Step-by-Step (No , not Step-by-Step by NKOTB [New Kids on the Block], Step-by-Step the hilarious long-running sitcom with the classic nerd kid with glasses) meant to them. Thanks for your time.



Notcho

No comments:

Post a Comment