Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's Twinkie Time

Well, it's finally here. Spring training. Twins on TV. The only thing missing will be Dick and Bert, but they'll be back soon enough. For those of you who aren't blessed with the Extra Innings package from DirecTV, I'm not so sure when your season will kick off, but I'll be sitting on my fat ass tomorrow night watching the Twins and the Red Sox in the first game of spring training. The only bad part is the game is on NESN, which means I'll be forced to listen to some east coast fuck with a horrible Boston accent drooling over dustin pedroyer all night. I'm not bitter though. The Gophers are in the middle of a really embarrasing stretch, and unless something drastic changes (kangas quits putting vodka in his water bottle or patterson performs a miracle) they're going to be done in a couple weeks anyways. So now it's Twins time. I'll be doing my version of the season preview at some point tomorrow. What that means is a half-assed ill-informed prediction of how many times nick punto slides into first and how many times jesse crain will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. God i hate them both. Also, I'm fully prepared to do a live blog during the game tomorrow for those of you who won't be able to watch. Should be a good time. I haven't been drunk on a weeknight in quite some time, but i can't think of a better reason to break that streak. So be here tomorrow, 6pm C-Town time, I know I will. And as a preview of my preview, here's how the opening day lineup looks if I'm in charge of the team. I'm not saying or thinking Gardy will run this out there, but regardless...

1. Denard Span CF
2. Alexi Casilla 2B
3. Joe Mauer C
4. Justin Morneau 1B
5. Delmon Young LF
6. Jason Kubel DH
7. Joe Crede 3B
8. Michael Cuddyer RF
9. Brendan Harris SS

1 comment:

  1. delmon young batting 5? you're nuts. and gay. hopefully he'll be spending the majority of the year on the bench. actually, hopefully he'll be spending the majority of the season on some other team's bench.

    ReplyDelete