Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Wooh, I did not c that happening"

The title of this post is lifted word for word from a text I received minutes after the Twins game last night. Awesome. I won't put a name on here, but there's a real good chance if you're reading this that you also received the text and know who sent it out. If not, take a guess and I'll bet you're right.

As for the game itself, I'll quote another post-game text and just say "Holy fucking shit Batman!" Couldn't agree more. Let's take a look at the events that had to take place leading up to the improbable finish...

1. Matt Guerrier pitches two scoreless innings. Seriously. And he looked good doing it. You're all aware how I feel about this homo, but for this one game anyways, he was money.

2. Gardy leaves Nathan in the pen trailing by a run heading to the 9th at home. If you read my post from last night, you can pretty much guess how I felt about this decision. I'll probably expand on this at some point in the near future as I could bitch for 5 pages about this method of thinking. So we'll leave it at that.

3. Carlos Gomez. This idiot walked all of 25 times last season, yet somehow manages to eke out a two out walk in the 9th, essentially starting the rally. His comments after the game included this gem: "I still swing, but I've got a plan when I go to the plate. I look for a pitch. If he don't throw it, I don't swing." My advice to opposing pitchers; throw a lot of off speed pitches.

4. Kubel and Buscher also walk, both of them in pinch hitting roles. Twins pinch hitting has been pretty much worthless ever since LeCroy hit like 4 bombs as a pinch hitter a few years ago. I wonder what that Newquist look a like is up to these days. I'll assume he's playing softball somewhere and absolutely ripping it up.

After that, all it took was an RBI single from Span and a two run single from Casilla and the Twins were back to .500. Game is in HD tonight, so everyone should be able to count the sweat beads rolling around on Silva's fat head.

MVP - Denard Span

Span had 3 hits, two of them drove in runs, stole a base and scored a run. He's better than you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment