Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gophers vs Northwestern

When these two teams met last season, the Gophers were ranked #20 in the nation with a 7-1 record. No doubt about it that ranking was well deserved after beating such national powerhouses as Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, Montana State, and Florida Atlantic. None of that seemed to matter, however, as the Wildcats came into the Dome and knocked the Gophs back to reality by beating them 24-17. The Gophs haven't seen a little number in front of their name since that game, and probably need to reel off a couple wins in a row in the Big Ten before they will again. I wouldn't put any money on that happening, but at the same time won't be at all surprised if they head into the Penn State game on the 17th with a 5-1 record. Regardless of all that, it's another 9am start out here in AZ and the Twins are somehow back in a pennant race which means my liver is gonna have to get it's shit together and be ready for an all out assault starting tomorrow afternoon and lasting approximately 30 hours. Fuck.

Oh yeah and here's the best picture I could find of a dead wildcat. You would think it'd be harder finding a "dead orange" than a dead wildcat, but that just wasn't the case.

One other thing, completely unrelated, but funny. In the class I'm 'teaching' today (using that term extremely loosely, like Moan J. loose) there is two kids whose names are Virtuous and Prisciliano. Weird names for sure, and the kicker is that neither of them is a girl. Thanks mom and dad, that's a normal name for a boy.

3 comments:

  1. The twins climbed back into this pennant race after you swore you wouldnt watch them anymore you cock loving fair-weather fan. In case you are some kind of jinx, maybe you should stay away from them so they have a chance to make the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said I was waving the white flag and that the season was over, which I'm happy has turned out to be far from true. I never said anything about not watching them anymore, and other than the black out games on FOX, I don't remember the last game I missed. I still have a fucking rally 'stache for Christ's sake. It's a real thing of beauty and I'm sure parents think twice when dropping their kids off at school and see me walking in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i know, i just wanted to bust your balls. I imagine your face salad is a thing of beauty. Having it while teaching the future drug dealers Arizona has to offer makes it all the more sweet. Also, i'm guessing your definition of "black out game" and the Fox Corporations' are much different.

    ReplyDelete