Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Vikings vs Lions

Well this one will undoubtably be one of the hardest games to watch for Vikings fans this season. And I'm not even talking about the game itself, instead I'm referring to the broadcasting team FOX is sending to cover this disaster of a game. Ron Pitts and John Lynch are set to do the play-by-play and color commentary, and let me be the first to tell you to get ready for awkward silence and ridiculously obvious analysis. While flipping through the afternoon games last week, I happened to check out the Seattle game for awhile, and I honestly felt embarrased for these two nut jobs. I'm going to assume it was Lynch's first game broadcasting due to the uncomfortable welcoming handshake between the two at the start of the game, but holy shit did it just go downhill from there. At one point I was actually thinking how the lady who did the Gophers game a couple weeks ago was easier to listen to, and she was a female for Christ's sake. That's pretty much all I'm gonna say about them at this time, you'll fully understand within 5 minutes of kickoff Sunday.
As for the game itself, we should all be anticipating watching T-Jack hand the ball off to Chester the entire second half, but with Chilly at the helm anything is possible. It is, however, still the Lions and they're still rolling along with an 18 game losing streak. The Vikes are a 10 point favorite, which they should cover without a problem, and this one is about as close to a guaranteed win as you'll see for them this season.

Also, I am fully aware that I swore off the Twins for the season, and I still don't think they can sneak into the playoffs regardless of how bad the Tigers are trying to help. However......after a win today, the Twinkies sit 4 games back with a home series against Detroit looming this weekend. The Tigers are playing tonight and tomorrow against KC, which means Friday's matchup will have their division lead at either 3, 4, or 5 games. A Twins sweep would leave them at the worst 2 games back with 13 games to play. Unfortunately 10 of those last 13 would be on the road, where the Twins are 31-40 on the year. If they do somehow get into the playoffs, I'll be the first one to take a day off of work to watch a day game, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. Neither should you, unless your name is Skippy, in which case go for it.

Edit: Tigers won last night, but are losing 5-0 this afternoon to Greinke and the Royals. The Royals are pretty much the Lions of MLB, so you never know, but it definately looks like a Twins sweep will get them within one game of the Tigers after this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I will almost guarentee you that this game is close, it will come down to the last few plays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vikes will probably start out slow in the first half again, but should take over in the second half. the november 15 game will probably be pretty close.

    ReplyDelete